Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pelagic year-count and Google

Well I found out today that google listed my site as dangerous, thanks to my on-going problems... Woo! I think I know how to fix it, but it might take a few days.

----------

Since I didn't get out birding today.. I decided to do a year-tally of the pelagics I've seen this year (Since it seems to be a huge year)... I've missed the last 2 "boat weather" days, but will hopefully get out for the next ones!

So yeah, year tally so far, mostly from the boat:

Red-necked Phalarope - 45
Sabine's Gull - 17
Jaeger Sp - 5
Parasitic Jaeger - 7
Long-tailed Jaeger - 10!



And those are the ultra-conservative counts. For future trips, I'm expecting to hit the bulk of the Parasitic Jaegers. Kittiwakes should be on their way, and Pomarine's will hopefully be some of the most cooperative boat-birds.

Arctic Tern and Red Phalarope are the target species. I actually think Red Phalarope will be quite easy - just need a "calm as glass" day.

More to come! I have to work Monday-Thursday first though...

---------------

and on that note.. I'm re-adding the photo of the LT Jaeger chasing the G Black-backed Gull from a week or so ago.. Some people didn't get to see it thanks to the virus problems:

- who says LTJA's never chase other birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment