Sunday, September 26, 2010

OFO weekend.. Hike etc

Another short blog post! Here's the story.. My website continues to be infected with some sort of trojan virus that I can't get rid of.. And now Google has flagged my site as dangerous.. Great...

------------\\

Ken Burrell and I did the OFO hike to Port Burwell on Saturday. The story is - it was pretty slow, but thankfully people were understanding. We did get a hand full of warblers and raptors that posed for the group to see well, which was nice. I think we also got just about everyone on a nice adult Little Gull at the Port Burwell town beach. My beautiful girlfriend Jenn was also a big highlight for me.. She followed me around all day! I sure am lucky :)

-------------

On our way back to the convention dinner, we stopped at the big creek marsh were we turned up most of the expected puddle ducks (Pintail, Wigeon, BW & GW Teal, Gadwall, Wood Duck, A. Black, Shoveller, etc..

14 Sandhill Cranes, 4 Common Moorhen (Family) and 2 Long-billed Dowitchers rounded out the birds here before it was off to dinner!

-------------

Vortex spotting scope (Razor) also worked out great. Vortex has let me borrow the scope in hopes of showing it around, and informing people about how incredible the quality is for the price. The angled eyepiece, and rotating collar worked PERFECTLY for getting everyone to see the birds without adjusting the tripod. Excellent stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment