Monday, November 21, 2011

Lesser Black-backed Gull in Penticton - British Coloumbia

(Pic of the bird)

I've always had tremendous luck in finding Lesser Black-backed Gulls. Apparently my internal magnet is directed at them, and they come seeking me out. This point continued on my recent trip to BC with my darling girlfriend Jenn ---- we were driving down a major highway (with her sister+her boyfriend) --- and I couldn't help but notice this adult LBBG swimming in a channel beside the highway. 

We stopped, and had spectacular looks at the bird, hanging out with a handful of Herring, Thayer's and California Gulls - and snapped the pictures seen here. 

Upon returning home, it looks like this bird may have been found in the city about a month earlier. Info here:





The LBBG with California Gull on right. 


--------------------------------------------------



Settled at home for the first time in about a month - will have lots of pictures/videos etc from my recent visits to BC and Netitishi Point to post - whenever I eventually get around to it!

I was happy some things managed to auto-post to the blog while I was gone, even if they weren't in the correct order. And I'm sorry about the spam posts --- not sure how they happen yet --- but I hope you're all finding your new degrees useful!

2 comments:

  1. The spam posts are most likely from someone sending emails to your 'Email Posting Address'.

    I would suggest changing the 'Email Posting Address' under 'Settings' > 'Email&Mobile'...
    Or disable it altogether to be extra-secure.

    And to be on the safe side you should change your password for your email and Blackberry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alvan,

    I have tried the change, and it seems to be working so far!!

    ReplyDelete