Monday, October 18, 2010

Gone for a while, back for a while

Well it's pretty clear that something happened with the weather/birds. I'm still betting it was the stalled low pressure system over the NE days ago - and birds are still being found from it. One of the first in Ontario (Golden-crowned Sparrow) is still around, so other recent rarities could have been present all along too!

My favourite Quebec rarity-news page went missing for a while, but I found it again today:

http://www.quebecoiseaux.org/index.php?option=com_oiseauxrares&Itemid=133

$*&#*! White Wagtail? Note they had several other rarities in a similar area to the Ontario-rares!!!

-----------

This past weekend was the first weekend in a while that I didn't get birding. The good news, I bird when I work too! So there have still been some sightings. Apparently I've been on the very "edge" of the rarity-blanket, turning up a Brewer's Blackbird late last week (female) and a male Eurasian Wigeon today. Not bad! (but not a Vermily-fly or White-wag).

-----------

Saturday was spent at the very exciting book launch: Birds of Niagara by Kayo Roy and John Black.


5.5 years of their work turned up this stunner of a book. Good thing about being a photographer: Donate some photos and you get a free copy - and this one is worth it!

I've got 92 photos in the book, which is all printed in colour and high-quality paper. Christmas present anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment