Friday, July 26, 2013

White-eyed Vireo photos hoot



A cooperative White-eyed Vireo from the tip of Pelee back in early May. There were a handful of "tame-ish" birds around one evening, including this bird and a Hooded Warbler. Two species that my collection could use serious improvement upon. I decided to handhold my 600mm lens (as an experiment) and see what I could muster....



The bird was more cooperative early in the aft, when the light wasn't as nice. I still liked this one though...



As the light got better, I also focused a bit more on the hoodie, but still managed a few of the WEVI... This one had nice light, but isn't your stereotypical photo that many bird photog's would strive for... 



The high ISO of my body, and fast speed of the 600 F4 made handholding possible  (a fast shutterspeed reduces the shake of me trying to hold up the lens) .. It also allowed for the occasional "lucky shot" where I froze some wing-action..


Anyways, a fun bird to see and photo well.. They are rather spectacular.. 





No comments:

Post a Comment