Monday, September 26, 2016

Living Fish ID



Over two years ago, when I was (really) lucky to see some Spotted Gar at Point Pelee - Tyler laid down the challenge of finding a Warmouth... Since then, I've kept my eyes peeled to little avail - until now!!!

I am no fish expert (nor adroit, adept, proficient, skilled, skillful, deft or trained) - but I thought these had promise... Now that I'm home, I'm just confused on how these slippery fish can look so similar... Once again, I find myself posting on the blog for public comment!










How does one tell a Crappie from a Sunfish from a Bass (warmouth)? Especially from terrible photos taken with my point-and-shoot camera?!



1 comment:

  1. The fins! It's all about the fins... A co-worker pointed out the fin differences between these (Crappie) and other species. Back to the hunt!

    ReplyDelete