Wednesday, January 5, 2011

blog hoots

Fun fact for the blog! On January 1st, the blog had it's 10'000th visit (after about 3 months on the new format).. Not bad! I must say thanks to everyone who checks the site. It's actually quite fun! Sooner or later I'm going to have to get some work done on my real website though ;)


---------------

Snowy Owls??

Where the heck are the Snowy Owls? Clearly they're not in southern Ontario... After having Snowy Owl as my last species of 2010, I've already picked it up on my 2011 list (but probably the same bird, and the only one around...) See photo:

Wing streeeeeetch


I guess one is better than nothing! Awesome birds...

---------------

Purple Sandpiper's in Niagara Falls:

http://jeaniron.ca/2011/niagarapurples.htm

I don't often post local bird things, since I figured most people who check the blog - already know of stuff like this! But I really enjoyed the above link, since tons of people always have trouble finding these beasts. Just in case you haven't seen it, check it out!

More non local things below:
----------------

Bullock's Oriole in Pennsylvania:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54180005@N06/5322406278/in/pool-437129@N20/

great photo - sure would be nice in Ontario!

---------------


Neat news story  - credit goes to Tyler Hoar for this one:



--------------------


1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen a Snowy Owl in almost two years!
    The bear/gull story is a hoot.

    ReplyDelete