Friday, March 11, 2011

Hornemann's Hoary Redpolls !!!!! finally done the writing

I've finally put together the redpoll article I was writing. About time eh?

The next month could be a great time to find a Hornemann's in the south. It's designed to shed some light on the subspecies, no matter how familiar you are with them:

http://peregrineprints.com/zzz_Article_Redpolls.htm

Let me know what you think.. I haven't really done much writing like this before!



Adult male Hornemann's Hoary (left)

female-type Hornemann's Hoary (top right)

Ad. Male "Southern" Hoary (bottom right) 


Makes me want to head north again... Boy they're nice birds!


1 comment:

  1. I'm no expert but you set the distinctions out very well, with a rich store of photographs instructively sequenced. Hope you'll undertake more such pieces from time to time.

    Nick, from Ottawa

    ReplyDelete