Thursday, May 19, 2011

IMG00986-20110518-1011.jpg

Dad and I walking the wind-ravaged east beach yesterday.. Don't ask why


--- some odd news from Hillman marsh as we watched them breach the dyke separating the marsh from the lake... Water levels were amazingly high, so I guess they were saving homes/roads from flooding. I really hope it drains right out and we have mega shorebirding for the next 10 days!!!

Birding was fun as ever in the park. Picked up 2 year birds in Nighthawk and Red-necked Phalarope.. That is all...


Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell.

2 comments:

  1. Info needed.
    I wanna ask why you walked the east beach. Was it for a Yellow-legged Gull?? I nearly did the 4 hour drive for the chance of seeing this bird. Has it been discredited? Or is it gone??
    And what about the Fish Crow that flew to Wheatley harbour a couple of days ago?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's a Yellow-legged Gull at all! We just walked the beach for fun... !

    Brandon

    ReplyDelete