Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pelee May 22 - am report


These odd days continue at Pelee... Odd because they're good (without huge numbers of birds), but now also odd in the species...

Again today:

Summer Tanager - 1 - 1st year male that hung out and flew off the tip several times
Dickcissel - 1.. maybe 2... flying off the tip
Thayer's Gull - 1 juv bird at the tip
Prothonotary Warbler - sang once on the WNT
Hooded Warbler - 1 near white pines (singing)

Notice anything similar? PROW, SUTA again? Today's bird was my 8th "self found" Summer Tanager of the year (eg,/ not chasing). What the heck is going on?


White-rumped Sandpiper is my only new bird of the year... Bringing it to 257 for Ontario! My highest to-date list by far I think (not that I would have any way of checking)... 



1 comment:

  1. OK, that's enough SUTA! Must go see one, as I can't get one anyplace else!

    ReplyDelete