Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blog goes dormant for ~2 weeks

Last post in a while! Leaving in a few hours. We really have no contact with the outside world, so try to not let anything too exciting happen while we're gone. The only fun info I have is:



http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/marine/anotherArea_e.html?mapID=08&siteID=06700

- marine forecast (either James Bay, or Southern James Bay).. Keep an eye out for north winds! That is what will bring us the birds. At the time of writing, they're calling for south winds for days after we arrive.. BOO!!!!!



http://www.natice.noaa.gov/ims/

-- a place to keep an eye on the snow-cover and ice, as it heads towards James Bay. Hopefully near the end of our trip, a good chunk of Ice will have formed in James and Hudson Bay!


---------------------------


Might as well do 1 more plug of my Vortex Spotting Scope.


Vortex was kind enough to lend me one of their Razor Spotting Scopes, and it`s a huge reason I was motivated to do this trip. I can absolutely say I can identify more birds with this scope than my previous scope! You can see close birds better, and see birds farther away. (Perfect for some James Bay seabirds). 



Have a look! Go to the dealers page to find a place where you can go check it out. And if you ever see me out in the field, please ask me about it and give it a try! 



--------------------------------

Okay! Time to get rolling. Blog will return sometime in 2ish weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment