Tuesday, November 2, 2010

C - c - c - cacklers!

While I have the material, I'm going to keep the postings happening! The next Moosonee installment will be in a few more hours. I'm also going away again in less than a week - which means another dormant blog phase. But for now...............

Cackling Geese! 3 birds, taken yesterday

Bird A (Left) with a bit of a white neck ring (pretty regular feature)

Middle bird - paler body than the Todd's Canada's (on average, visible here) 


Very pale bodied ADULT Richardon's CACG. I haven't seen a juv CACG yet this fall (reasons unknown)


Michael Butler took some great photos of two Juvenile Richardson's (with two adult Maxima Canada's) a few days ago at his local Canadian Tire. See the great shots here:


Recent CACG comment to the blog:



Blake A. Mann said... Good birds!




Cackling Goose again? We don't get many of them in CK it seems!


--- I think I might have a Cackling Goose magnet somewhere in my birding gear! Unfortunately it seems to drive other rare species of Geese away. I have a considerably harder time getting Snow Goose!

--- Many thanks Blake for the comments! If anyone hasn't already seen his blog, take a look here:


One I really enjoy following! Some awesome Cave Swallow photos on there recently.


---------------------------------

Which leads me to my next bird-thought of the day. My lack of Cave Swallows today!

This photo was taken today! In Ontario!

I found at least 250 Tree Swallows today, but not a single unusual species with them. I know i'm not on Lake Erie, but one would think I could have been a bit luckier! Not even a late Barn Swallow!?

---------------------------------

Parting photo: a barely better image of the Cattle Egret I found yesterday. Heat haze was killing me - I wasn't actually that far away! But a bit better look than the one image I posted yesterday


---------------------------------

More Moosonee goodness to follow! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reference!
    The blog is something I started for fun just over 3 years ago, but it is a good way to share information.
    Ridgetown Lagoons seem to have cacklers regulary, but I have not seen any yet this fall.

    ReplyDelete