Sunday, April 21, 2013

A photo I'm happy with - but - WARNING - Disturbing photo (people may find upsetting)


Disclaimer: If you've clicked on the post from another blog, you can probably see a tiny thumbnail below... Read the paragraph below first...  Don't click on it if you don't want to see the larger image...

................................................................................................


Another photo I really like...

But for the first time ever, I'll add a break to a blog post...

Why? Cause it's graphic..... It's a deer stuck in the ice... If you don't want to see a very unfortunate deer, don't click (there's some blood etc)... A new filter put in place for my Mom. (Hi Mom!) .... But yeah, it's not your typical "animal getting eaten" graphic photo...

If you want to see, you have to click on the subject line of the post, where it'll load a new page and you can view it.... Nature in action... I really like the photo... Just don't click if you don't like that sort of stuff...









Obviously an unfortunate situation for the deer...  Although I'm not really in the business of helping animals in need (especially when it was in really rough shape and I can see no way of helping) - not to mention the risk you'd put on your life trying to get near the thing...


Amazingly, upon return several hours later (deer no longer with us) - it appears that someone DID walk out onto the ice to get near it... They threw a large branch towards it (what help would that do?) and then their footprints showed a break in the ice... We hoped they got back to shore, and weren't floating under the ice themselves - but I gotta be honest, I wasn't too worried about that either...


Onto the photo: two crows stopped by briefly to investigate the situation. I used 3 photos (stitched) to get the deer and one crow into the same image, and thought it really added to the scene overall.. I could go on, but I'll just show the pic... Hope you find it interesting..


* Clicking opens a large 1400 pixel image *




1 comment:

  1. Hi Son! Thank you! And, no, I still didn't look at it.

    8-)

    ReplyDelete