Monday, April 8, 2013

Condo birding update







Condo birding update:

Mar 29 – the first time I’ve finally gone outside for a few hours and walked around my patch!!! Resulting new birds:  Song Sparrow, Downy Woodpecker, Turkey Vulture, Brown-headed Cowbird, American Woodcock and Bald Eagle !!! I also found  a large number of “small owl” pellets at the west end of my patch in Confederation Park... So as far as I’m concerned – I had a Boreal Owl wintering near my place and I never managed to get outside to find it... whoops...

Mar 30 – New birds: Red-shouldered Hawk, Tree Swallow. Also a Great Blue Heron and large numbers of Blackbirds and Robins (thousands)

Mar 31 – Eastern Bluebird (new), Golden-crowned Kinglet(new) – and both from inside the condo... Also a Red-shouldered Hawk right out my window (50ft)

Apr 4 – Horned Lark (new), Cooper’s Hawk

Apr 5- Tree Swallow, Eastern Bluebird, Glaucous Gull (adult), Common Loon


Current patch list is 74 species!! I finally uploaded an update to my website on my “patch page” here:





No comments:

Post a Comment