Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pelee 2012 - spring ticks!




Deer tick on my arm at Pelee this spring... I noticed it while on the tram, and started taking pictures... The other people on the tram were NOT impressed at all - and I didn't really care. How can you pass up a photo-op like this??? 

=========================


Anyways...


I keep three lists... My Ontario list, my "self found" Ontario list, and my "photographed in Ontario" list... Usually twice a year, I go through what "ticks" i've added to my lists, and turn it into a blog post.. Here's the update for winter/spring 2013:



Snowy Egret – triple tick! (Triple tick is an addition to all three lists).

Swallow-tailed Kite – photo/life list additions... 

Euro Collared-Dove – self found/life list additions... 

Carolina Chickadee?  – potential triple tick!??! (Not added - a work in progress, as I've mentioned before)

Townsend’s Warbler – Self found/life

Louisiana Waterthrush – photo’d!

Northern Waterthrush – photo’d! (yes, 10 years of taking pictures, and I finally took a picture of a NOWA) 


Henslow's Sparrow – photo’d!



I was happy with this HESP picture... I was NOT happy with my waterthrush pictures and deleted them - but heck, they still count... 



My "self found" Snowy Egret (with Dave Bell) for Ontario (tip of Pelee)... I actually added it to my "Ontario Life List" and "photographed list" only a few weeks earlier with the bird north of Cobourg in late April... 


Just to round out the post with some numbers:

ON list - 369 (370?)

Self-found ON List - 339 (340?)

Photo'd list - too lazy to count... 


No comments:

Post a Comment