Thursday, August 29, 2013

May Forster's Terns



David Bell sort of already summed up this day at Pelee in a blog post:

http://ssmbirding.blogspot.ca/2013/07/pelee-pt-15-fote-phot-o-shoot.html




A good chunk of time was spent shooting FOTE's as they dove for fish... The goal was to get one just as the bill was hitting the water, which neither of us were able to capture. 


Apparently they go REALLY freakin fast right before hitting the water... I'd love to know how fast they actually end up going right before impact - and what their rate of acceleration would be...


Anyways, I thought it'd be fun to share my favourite series of a tern emerging with a fish:







Someday I'll actually get around to some of these "for real" ... The only other thing I noticed that day (among the FOTE) was this young (1st alt) type bird:




No comments:

Post a Comment