Saturday, June 4, 2011

Vole?


Sometime just after mid-may, with little happening, my Dad and I decided to take a break and sit in the visitors centre parking lot at Point Pelee. I decided to set up my camera, because the camera was on top of our chairs (sad, but true)..


Thankfully, it really paid off! We noticed some people watching a remarkably tame Vole at the front of the VC! Small mammals like this are really difficult to photograph (especially by chance), so I fired away 100ish shots before the little critter vanished back into the garden. 

From what I can tell, it's a Meadow Vole... Probably the only species to expect in the park. I've been working away on my spring photos, and will have a steady supply to post on the blog for the next while. This will be very useful, since I'm feeling 100% content with the birding I did this spring, and probably won't do much serious birding until after mid-July (other than work, that is). 

!

No comments:

Post a Comment