Sunday, August 28, 2011

well then.......


Apparently my attempt to post Junk automatically while I was away didn't work! ... I'll post a few now... And start working on some information from my trip to James Bay..

Nothing too crazy, although I did pick up about 11 year birds. Some noteworthy observations were:

American White Pelican
Long-tailed Jaeger
Red Crossbill
House Sparrow
Mourning Dove
Broad-winged Hawk
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Buff-breasted Sandpiper
Red Phalarope
Lesser Black-backed Gull
Arctic Tern (harder than you might think)
Pine Grosbeak
etc!

More info on all the days events, with lots of photos etc... sometime soon!


1 comment:

  1. What's showing up in New Jersey and New York -
    Sooty Tern, S. Polar Skua, Bridled Tern, Sandwich Tern, Greater Shearwater, Wilson's
    Storm Petrel, Leach's S.P., Band-Rumped S.P.,
    White-tailed Tropicbird.
    What will show up on Lake Ontario?

    ReplyDelete