Friday, October 7, 2011

Real live photography

At the time of writing this (I write a bit in advance someone) my request for additional answers to the recent photo quiz resulted in the DECREASE of answers provided by one.... So instead, it's time to try something new:

--- whatever you do, do NOT make any guesses on the photo quiz. You'll probably get them all wrong and people who worry about this kind of thing will be laughing at you! muwahahhaha!


-------------------------------------


I've started editing some photos form James Bay this past august... Here's the results (which have already been added to their species pages, back on my real website, www.PeregrinePrints.com !)

Nelson's Sparrow:





Whimbrel


Lesser Yellowlegs:


White-rumped Sandpiper:






I spent a lot of time workin on less of a "bird in your face" style, and more of a "birds in real life" style... Which I talked about waaay back in the spring:





-- so yeah.. Will update with more photos from the trip soon. Let me know if you think they're good, or they stink... Negative critiques usually help the most! So feel free to not hold back.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brandon, nice shots. I do like the style...sometimes a full-frame shot with no atmosphere can look pretty dull from an aesthetics standpoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it Nick! And thanks for the comments. Gonna keep working on this "style" !

    ReplyDelete