Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Nelson's Sparrow

I miss the "sharp-tailed" part of the name.


Ken Burrell and I did a quick walk around the "Nelson's Area" of Cootes Paradise, Hamilton on Oct 8th. Picked up the bird everyone goes there to see, Nelson's Sparrow.


Not only that, but I got a picture I was pretty happy with! Not the "standard" photo, but I liked the reeds and the difficult subject. The birding was entertaining, but nothing really unexpected. Two HUGO's were seen earlier in the day (and earlier) but they weren't around for us. Some of the notable species were:

Peregrine Falcon
Merlin
Blue-winged Teal
Carolina Wrens and Red-billed Woodpeckers (always nice)
Marsh Wren
Blackpoll Warbler

..... annd I think that's just about all I can remember for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment