Thursday, March 28, 2013

Get your fill of migrants this weekend



Saturday looks superb... Light winds and sun... I may just have to go to Beamer for a sweet hawk flight (I hope)...

----

I also feel like this MAY be a fantastic year to get a Barnacle or Pink-footed Goose in eastern Ontario... I would guess these birds come from Greenland - pretty far north.. SO I've always assumed they'll pass through a bit later in goose migration (Mid-april?) - as the far north is still frozen..

With all the east winds, and all the cold - it may keep geese better concentrated (and further west) than typical in the cornwall-kingston-ottawa area... But hey, maybe there's one already out there and the fantastic weather this weekend will get someone out to find one...

Would be sweet..

---

Long range:


COLD


Get out this weekend to enjoy some birds... We're still looking below average in the 2-week range:





6-10 day - below average


8-14 day - below average... 



1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking today of Pink-footed Goose! (before I read this posting). We can only hope....

    ReplyDelete