Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Random things seen in the field



So there I was, watching a vulture flight at Pelee back in October


When suddenly, unexpectedly, a flock of striking shorebirds shot past! Golden Plovers! American Golden Plovers! (I was at the seacliffe hawkwatch spot near Leamington) 



The vulture flight died. What to do? Where to go? The Days Inn? I never would have guessed what happened next:


There they were... TWO hours later.. Golden Plovers.. THEE golden plovers... Who could have predicted it? 


And yeah.. That's the whole story. It wasn't very exciting, so I tried to dramatize it.. 


====================


How about a weasel?? 

Can you ID Long-tailed and Short-tailed Weasel? I always thought they were like Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, but now I think I'm wrong on that one... Anyone??


Not the best photo, but we had FANTASTIC looks... What an awesome animal.. 








1 comment:

  1. I never thought Long-tailed had a white winter coat...I could be wrong though.

    That's a pretty sweet plover flock.

    ReplyDelete