Monday, March 25, 2013

Mergie picture



As I try and focus a bit more on getting some new photos - specifically ones I'm really happy with - I've started to have some sucess..

I was quite happy with the GG Owl I posted a week ago... And a few days a go I got this Mergie pic that I really like:




Image is virtually full frame, so I put it online at 1400 pixels to try and save some of the details for viewing (900 pixels at website size just didn't do it any justice)... This isn't much better, but it's enough... 


Do you like it?? Do you know what kind of Merg it is?! (Photo quiz time!!!)  I know, but I thought it made for a good quiz... Heck, I'm not sure if you could actually ID it for sure with this view... 


Anyways... Some success!



5 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Pretty sure it's a RB. Love your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks David! I've always enjoyed your stuff greatly.

      And to answer the quiz - you nailed it. Red-breasted Merg (at a tough angle).

      Thanks to everyone else who played along!

      Delete
  2. I'm quite sure it's a common merganser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with common merganser. Cool Photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bright red bill and dark head plus the white neck mark this as a drake Common Merganser.

    ReplyDelete