Tuesday, July 19, 2011

videoooo's

So yeah, my new Point and Shoot also takes videos. My DSLR takes video, but I've never been that interested in figuring it out... For the P&S though, (my new "documentation camera") it's kinda fun. Hopefully soon I'll find some rarity, and have a video to share. For now, these were my first attempts:



Savannah Sparrow on Amherst Island... The bird wasn't exactly close, so it would be fun to get some "better" birds like this!



You can click on the videos (a few times?) to eventually view them on youtube proper, which allows you to view them "full screen" sized.. Hand holding the camera means some shaking... Not much I can (or am willing) to do about that. Here's a Wilson's Phalarope male



Another trial. Turn up the speakers to hear a Gray Catbird singing in the bushes in the distance. Pretty good sound quality for a distant bird. If it was a Kirtland's Warbler singing in the shrubbery, I'd have it pretty well!



One of my earliest videos, listen to me explaining to Alan Wormington that I'm "documenting rare birds"  and him proclaiming I should "do a blog posting on it".. Take that, Alan. 



5 comments:

  1. That's a Common Wormington. It goes straight to
    the Tip every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What type of camera is that? I want one.
    Fred Urie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a Canon Powershot SX30 (IS) ! Fun documentation camera, although it's "bigger" than most people are expecting. (who have seen it)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anonymous:

    What's up with that Fred Urie jokester ?!?!

    ReplyDelete