Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hybreed ducks!

For the first time since I started taking photos, I have ALL of my photos sorted into their proper places (with all the junk deleted).... First time EVER..

It's all a part of my plan to re-charge my rarity-finding batteries for fall migration, and I've really put the nose to the grindstone to get this done. Which also means, I've had some chances to edit said photos, and get them online. Today's collection (since I don't have any birding to talk about) is my hybrid duck photos:


I've added a "Hybrid/unusual" waterfowl section on the bird index page:
http://www.peregrineprints.com/ind__birds.htm

but anyways, here's the shots:


Mallard X Gadwall:

(also known as "Brewer's Duck"


(check out that wing pattern)

Mallard X Black Duck :
(not really exciting, but I had to do it)





Mallard X Pintail:

(oh those ducks)




Northern Pintail X White-cheeked Pintail:

This beast arrived at LaSalle Park in Burlington with a small flock (7 I think) of early migrant (wild) Northern Pintail... Where the heck did this duck come from? 





King X Common Eider: 

A throwback from the old nfld blog:




Ring-necked Duck X Scaup 

(ok, probably a RNDUxScaup crossed back with a scaup)



Bufflehead X Common Goldneye

Here with the parent species:



And a female Goldeneye X Hooded Merganser

(who woulda thunk it possible?)





No comments:

Post a Comment