Friday, July 8, 2011

Doin this fast


Only have internet for a few minutes here! A pre-written account of some birding this morning


---------------------------------




KFN Property on Amherst – all the way to the gravel bar:



Long-tailed Duck – 1 (dying) and 1 (dead)
Tundra Swan – 1 (odd ball)
American Wigeon – 4
Northern Pintail – 1
Green-winged Teal - ~10
Gadwall – 25+

Great Egret – 4
Great Blue Heron – 1
Black-crowned Night-Heron – 1
Green Heron – 1
American Bittern - 1

Least Sandpiper – 2
Wilson’s Phalarope – 7+ (3 juveniles)
Wilson’s Snipe – 10+



So shorebirds weren’t exactly lighting the place on fire, but everything added up made for a pretty decent visit!


I recently acquired a new toy, which I won’t go into toooo much detail on.. But it’s a point and shoot style camera with a nutty 35x optical zoom. The goal is to carry it with me anytime I’m not hauling the 600mm ... For example, I didn’t carry the 600 out to check out the KFN property! BUT... (but) ... I did carry the new toy. Some quick samples:




(yikes)

(so fresh so clean - Wilson's Phalarpes)

(GWTE's and a Gadwall lady)



Now I’ll have very little excuses to not document most of what I encounter out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment