Sunday, July 24, 2011

It's like getting excited about Christmas! On November 24



My Dad and I spent a few hours this morning watching at Van Wagner's Beach. The only notable birds were:


1 Lesser Black-backed Gull (1st alternate, summering bird. Very large numbers are summering around the great lakes this year)
1 Black Tern
3 Green-winged Teal
2 Greater Scaup (male and female)


It was actually more than we were expecting.. And really nice to get out of the heat (20-23 degrees at the lake)...... Not much else to report, although I did see some more migrant odes near their house (wandering glider, swamp darner).....


----------------------

Birding report is pretty slim, so I went looking for recent photos that I've uploaded to the main site (you know, my real website)........... And discovered it's also pretty slow. One of the only thigns recently is some Purple Martin photos:




Nothing really all that great..... slow news day 




No comments:

Post a Comment