Thursday, January 12, 2012

Freezing rain in eastern Ontario

Ran into some freezing rain while working in Eastern Ontario. I don't often do this, but was having fun taking some "point and shoot" pics out the car window, and decided to share on the blog:



must be hard living outside 24/7/365



Took me 20mins to clean off the car (and broke the scraper).. Ice everywhere, including a thick layer on the ground. 


I didn't see any major damage, but some near-misses


Hwy 401 was closed in a few places near Kingston due to crashes



A few cars and trucks from the previous night on the hwy.... 



backroads didn't look much better



a few closer looks




Not a good day to be a willow







Replica of my side mirror.... 














1 comment:

  1. A cool pic of the ice, not by me:

    http://www.theweathernetwork.com/your_weather/details/620/5411535/bird/upload/0/1920?ref=ugc_yourweather_search

    ReplyDelete