Monday, January 16, 2012

fun stuff


A bit of a fun post on the blog. Maybe in the horn-tooting category, but whatever! As some of you are aware, Vortex Optics and I have a fun relationship --- the short story is I help spread the word about how awesome their optical equipment is, and they help me out with gear and some photo usages. 

I asked permission, and was allowed to post a preview of some upcoming "spring" advertisements you may see in some bird-related publications. They went with one of my favourite images from last year, a Scarlet Tanager from Pelee Island. 


The reds seem to look different on everyone's computers. They look good on mine, and totally blown out on my parents. I've got my fingers crossed that they'll print correctly. Below is the french version: 




We've been working together for a while now, and I've been very happy with how things have looked. Below is an old add, with one of my favourite birds (Golden-winged Warbler), that was printed as a full page in a few places: 

(if you're looking at a new scope, look no further than the Razor shown above!)


I really enjoy photography because it gets me up close and personal with the "wild/nature" side of birding, yet you'll also be hard pressed to find a photographer who isn't extremely excited to see some of their images in print. 

Just a bit of fun on a winter day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment