Friday, May 11, 2012

Pelee May 11



May 11th! Where have all the days gone....


Over the last two days, I've been working on exploring the park via rollerblades.. It's actually pretty fun (coined Rollerbirding by my Dad).

Blading to the tip this morning resulted in my first Louisiana Waterthrush in at least two years. It sang a few times from a thicket on the west side, and was never seen or heard again. Not the best, but I'll take it.


Butterfly highlight yesterday was my FOY Spicebush Swallowtail. Today was my FOY "Black Form Female" Eastern Tiger Swallowtail.



"Black" Tiger from today..... 



"Typical" Tiger from yesterday


I took a patented nap this afternoon, so hopefully I'll be fresh and ready for tomorrow (Saturday). It's not exactly barn-burning weather, but it's probably the best rarity weather we've had for 2 weeks - so I'm sure  a few things will be found..... 


In the evening I watched the pelee marsh with my parents to little fan fare..... Hopefully the winds tomorrow bring a new wave of leps too.. I'd still very much like to get one of those sleepy orange critters.....


No comments:

Post a Comment