Monday, May 7, 2012

Pelee Island to the end.....



For the love of god, NEVER, EVER, stay at the "It's Home Cabin" on Pelee Island:

http://www.pelee.com/peleeisland/its-home-cabin/


NEVER....... It's SO BAD...........  I can't even begin to describe how bad it is.. It shouldn't be possible to make a cabin as bad as it is.....



Seriously........ I stayed in a really old beat down cabin at Netitishi Point (no electricity, no water, lots of mice + garbage) - with Alan Wormington in 2010 and had a considerably better experience than this dirt bowl on Pelee Island


(Netitishi)



With that said.... We're gettin out of dodge...... Just like this Great Crested Flycatcher from today



And I'm not joking. Leaving Pelee Island tomorrow for the mainland, where we will attempt to terrorize the birders at the Point for several days....

And don't get me wrong, the birding at Pelee Island is still great... I had two of my absolute favourite birds today (Peregrine Falcon and Golden-winged Warbler) - but 2012 is not the year for us here......





No comments:

Post a Comment