Monday, January 28, 2013

Still a bit behind



OBRC policy meeting went well... 8 hours of talking... We need to consolidate the minutes and our ideas etc etc before I can get around to providing a proper update..

Shouldn't be too long before that happens... Hopefully ontbirds + blog + ofo news will be used...





Dave Bell squared up his decimation of my last quiz with the correct work on this pic:


Answer is Ring-billed (top left), Herring (far right)  and two Lesser Black-backed Gulls in the middle - all in their first year of life... A good quiz pic if I do say so myself!



No one has this pic right yet:



Hint: Taken in SW Ontario

Running tally of guesses:

Gray Jay
Townsend's Solitaire
Gray Catbird
Northern Mockingbird
Boat-tailed Grackle
Western Tanager
Florida Scrub-Jay
Bobolink
(Brown?) Thrasher
Common Grackle
Eastern Towhee


Congrats to Anonymous#2 who nailed the other part of this quiz... Clay-coloured Sparrow: 



And LBBG X Herring Gull 


I thought this was a damn deceiving pic myself, but I took it so it's no fun for me... 












9 comments: