Friday, January 25, 2013

Last post pre-meeting!



Ok, I forgot to post the answers to the last quiz.. (Sorry Dave et al) ..

Link to last quiz: http://www.blog.peregrineprints.com/2012/12/peregrineprintscom-blog-quiz-master.html

Dave actually managed to kill this one, getting all of the photos correct, except for one bird in this shot:


============


As for the new quiz (yesterday) - every bird has been correctly identified except this one:


Not surprising... 

But now I'm not going to say who got the other ones correct (since most photos had different answers by different people).... Anyone want to make a change to their guess on these other pics?? 



Everyone was right with Tufted Titmouse on the other shot...


===========================


Next stop - OBRC policy meeting on Saturday...

There were a few more replies via email and the blog, so many thanks to all who have helped contribute to the cause! 

Blake probably hit the nail as square on the head as possible when it comes to OBRC stuff:   No matter what gets decided - we NEED TO MAKE SURE it is followed through..

The OBRC online report form is the classic case. Before I was on the ORBC, Blake comments that the members knew it was useless and needed an upgrade. My first two years on the OBRC (one of which was with Blake) - the same things were talked about and again - no action... This will be a topic for discussion at the meeting - not only talking about how to improve - but how to make sure it happens!

I sort of got off topic with my new response to David, but I do fully agree with it all. I have a bit of an idea on how the OBRC could update the community on all sorts of on-goings, but I want to run it by the committee before I mention it publicly (I may just get too darned excited at the prospect).. 


Many thanks again to all who have helped out with this process! I may get one last quick check of email and the blog before the meeting - so send (or comment) any last minute thoughts!!!















10 comments:

  1. Boat-tailed Grackle on the fuzzy shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol nope...

      People are generally on the right track, but I DID save the picture because I didn't think it really showed any useful field marks (and actually had a slightly odd shape for the species, making it hard to even guess)


      B

      Delete
  2. On a more serious note, I am changing my guess to Evening Grosbeak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. re: last quiz...rbgu..? thought about that once you said there was one misID but looked kinda big

    dunno about the last pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about Towhee for the last bird?

    ReplyDelete