Thursday, January 3, 2013

Updates after auto-posting for days...



Drought:  New map out today..

Looks like some improvement, but  lot of the central and western areas will stay the same... Would be nice if we managed some epic prairie rarities from this in 2013, but it's hard to say from this forecast...



==============


The juvenile gull from a few days ago...  My how much can change when you're away for a while. Jim Pawlicki and Ayyash managed to get some epic pics of the gull up close on the NY side of the river.. 




Long story short, I'm not comfortable calling it anyhting, but I think it looks worse for SBGU here than it did before.. 

They added insult to injury by finding a nice adult CAGU at the same time:



Then more insult in the form of a real SBGU a few days later by a number of obs:



Then more insult via Willie getting a confirmation on a second bird...

Then more chaos with Adam Timpf providing a photo of a few cool looking bird here:



Which looks like it could be something like a Slaty-backed X Herring hybrid or a Vega Gull (or something)... 


Long story short, I the river hates me, the feeling is mutual, and I don't know if I'll be going back anytime soon! Grr... 



===============



Anyone notice ebird took down the "most checklists this month" by state/province feature a while ago??? I think it was right around when Ontario started doing quite well....... 


===========

A bird to find in Ontario:



Sweet Gyr pic:



Sweet Lapwing pic:








No comments:

Post a Comment