Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Edmonton?



The response to my potential Texas trip was rather surprising and welcome! Now I'm going to feel guilty as can be if I can't make the trip work..

Days that I have notable events happening or potentially happening (work related or other).. Yesterday after I posted, I discovered I had 9 more "noteworthy" days added to my schedule...Anyways here's a rough


Feb 25

March 1, 4, 6, 7, 9, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 21, 23, 26

Apr 6 (OBRC annual meeting)

..........


Of the days in March, the 15th-17th are my strongest commitments that I really wouldn't like to break..


Which leaves an issue where Feb 25 - March 15-17 - Apr 6th leaves very little time in between for an adventure...


After Apr 6th is still an option as well, however then my field work season/schedule ramps up - meaning if I were to go anywhere, then I'd be missing out on large numbers of easy fun/bird/wildlife related field work..

Not to mention the fact that I'm already (as per usual) essentially taking the month of May off for birding in Ontario...


Suddenly things aren't looking so bright for a grand adventre...


==========


Which leaves me with another option:


Edmonton...

Recently Michael Butler sent me some awesome info regarding a regular happening in Edmonton - a Prairie Falcon and a few Gyrfalcons that are reliable at a Gran Elevator:

http://beaverhillslife.blogspot.ca/2013/02/notes-on-charismatic-falcons-visiting.html


Now the problem may be that the falcons aren't going to wait around until I'm ready to travel... Grr...


Prairie Falcon would be my main target on the trip - as I've always wanted to see one - and it seems like few photographers have had really good chances to photograph the species...

Maybe tomorrow I'll post some more of my ideas to kick start the photography... Texas would be my first choice, but it's rather amazing how 24 hours later the odds of it happening look rather bleak..

2 comments: