Friday, February 22, 2013

More photog ideas



Another idea I've had for a long time is to spend March/early April in southern Ontario and construct a floating blind..

A photographer who's work I greatly admire does a good job of breaking down the floating blind idea:

http://davidstimac.wordpress.com/2012/07/01/ducks-will-be-the-death-of-me-2/

and the pics:

http://davidstimac.wordpress.com/2012/07/03/floating-blind-gallery/


--- simply put, I'm not all that happy with many of my duck photographs (several species) - and this just seems like a really fun thing to do



I don't really think this is the sort of thing I need to do in order to "kick start" my photography, so it likely won't be in my short term plans... But sooner or later I'm gonna have to do it...






Current travel plans:


Edmonton may be on my agenda for Jan/Feb 2014, but I don't think it is going to work this year.. Which is fine, because now I can be excited about it for a while



Thunder Bay - I'm starting to seriously think about a 5-6ish day photography trip that way for Great Gray's and any other goodies I may find...



Texas - March 19th-ish to Apr 4th-ish ???????? I'd consider flying down and renting a car to save time, then maybe just stick to the Rio Grande area??

????????


6 comments:

  1. My guess on what you will probably end up doing is not go anywhere...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are just too hard on yourself.Your photography is excellent so don't worry so much.Go to Texas and get renewed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks very much - I have high hopes for the Texas idea, and hopefully more interesting blog material will come from it ;)

      Delete
  3. The hunters up my way had a floating blind to take out the ducks on the bay next to the international bridge. They were quite successful to my knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. It seems like there are a limted number of people (birders and/or hunters) who have tried the idea, but most of what I hear (like your story) is that it can be rather good... Thanks for the info - good motivation to actually try it eventually.

      Delete