Sunday, February 10, 2013

incredibly boring photoshoot



Back in October I saw the lift bridge was reading 20kmh ish NE winds, so I zipped down to Van Wagner's for some mega rarities... I arrived to a lake that was calm as glass... I guess the wind was happening 50 feet up, but ground level had nothing...

Ended up walking around taking pictures of anything I could find, which resulted in this boring photoshoot:


Canada Goose:








Cormorant:







So ya... All of this would have been pretty sad if it weren't for the insanity that ensued in late Oct and early November with Hurricane/Superstorm Sandy...


======

Speaking of which, I'm actually doing a talk on Sandy to the Hamilton Bird Study Group on Feb 25, 2013

Monday February 25, 2013 : Superstorm Sandy – Brandon Holden


Location:

NEW Location!
Burlington Senior's Centre
2285 New Street, Burlington
Auditorium B
Lots of free parking near the New Central Library.


Come check it out! I hope to talk a fair bit about the weather, instead of just a straight bird talk, so hopefully you'll find it interesting and learn something?? Maybe??




2 comments:

  1. Make sure you play the "Hey Sandy" song by Polaris at the start of the presentation. -JP

    ReplyDelete