Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day...

The wind at the Burlington lift bridge peaked with gusts to 82kmh last night... But we sure didn't get too much snow. I think the winds blew most of the snow away...

------

After shoveling our apartment driveway, Jenn and I have been spending yet another day inside getting work done. Re-sizing pictures for the website has been my main motivation so far... I actually just passed the 500th image done! (near half way). Which is the motivation for the blog post:

Adult Yellow-legged Gull from St. John's Newfoundland. There's something about this image that I really like, and picture number 500 prepared for the new website. 

------------------------


The only bird news on my mind right now is Willow Ptarmigan. This bird laughed at every one of my feeble attempts to find it while in Newfoundland, and the fact that multiple birds have traveled south of their normal range (into Quebec) has caught my attention. My hopes of finding time to photograph Eiders in Norway this winter is dying more and more every day - but a trip around Northern Ontario could be enough to get my fill of cold weather birds... And if I could turn up a Ptarmigan up there, it would really be something!


Scroll down to the Jan 29, 2011 entry for a great picture and some info (french) on the beasts. Food for thought on a snowy day!




No comments:

Post a Comment