Friday, February 25, 2011

Assault on Redpolls



Despite the fact I have several more pressing and important things I need to do, I just couldn't ignore these Redpolls from my Cochrane trip. I've bee studying the images, and everything is fresh in my mind. The time to write is now!

But yeah, I'm not done writing yet. Hopefully in a day or two, I'll have a new addition in my series of having fun while identifying really confusing birds. Part of the process involved getting my images online.

After a super-fantastic fall of photographing Jaegers in the zodiac, I decided to expand the Gull pages to be the Gull and Jaeger pages! Then I continued my assault on Cackling Geese, and have future plans of getting lots of Cackler pictures online to help solve their mystery. But Redpolls? They aren't even waterbirds. It was time for a name-change and a broader focus.


For now........... Southern / exilipes Hoary Redpolls from northern Ontario. 34 pictures to simply document what these things can look like!


https://picasaweb.google.com/Peregrine13/ExilipesSouthernHoaryRedpollsInOntario#


Annnd yeah! More soon

No comments:

Post a Comment