Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dragonflies from "up north"



Here's a species list of odes from my trip to the Montreal River Harbour area:

Ebony Jewelwing
River Jewelwing
Sedge Sprite
Hagen's Bluet
Northern/Vernal/Boreal Bluet
Aurora Damsel
Spotted Spreadwing
Canada Darner
Dusky Clubtail
Lancet Clubtail
Moustached Clubtail
Twin-spotted Spiketail
Delta-spotted Spiketail
Stream Cruiser
Racket-tailed Emerald
American Emerald
Spiny Baskettail
Beaverpond Baskettail
Common Baskettail
Uhler's Sundragon
Frosted Whiteface
Crimson-ringed Whiteface
Hudsonian Whiteface
Belted Whiteface
Chalk-fronted Corporal
Four-spotted Skimmer
Common Whitetail

---------

Hypothetical list: Harlequin Darner.....

Harlequin Darner would be a bit of an overdue lifer for me, and this species looked spot on (in a very nice bog) but I didn't have my freaking net with me... SO, even though I'm pretty sure thats what it was, I'm not actually counting it :(


Nothing too crazy otherwise.. Nice to see the Uhler's and Moustached Clubtail (as I haven't seen either for a while).. Always love the Spiketails too...



Twin-spotted Spiketail



No comments:

Post a Comment