Thursday, April 14, 2011

Rough-legged Hawk photo-shoot

I'm working away for the week, but found a rather cooperative Rough-legged Hawk a few days ago and spent some time observing and photographing it. The light wasn't really all that great, so I can't really decide how much I like these photos. Sometimes I think I just end up enjoying watching the birds, and therefore enjoy the photos, even if they aren't all that great.


There was some pretty interesting behaviours I noticed on this bird (catching voles on the ground), which I will maybe have to share in a future blog posting. For now, just the photos:











Weather is looking pretty stormy/crazy over the next week. Storms and wind can't be considered a bad thing when hoping for migrants and rare birds to arrive, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what  happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment