Friday, April 22, 2011

Bohemian Waxwings are still here... No time for Warblers




Blake Mann did a pretty good job of summing up the spring warbler migration so far:



But seriously, while out bir-work-ding yesterday we had 50ish Bohemian Waxwings just north of Lake Ontario. Last Saturday I had 80 fly over the 401 near Coburg. Earlier sightings in Guelph of 100+ birds.... Normally Bohemain's make their "Return flight" from the east in early April.... Yet now I'm seeing 50+ on APRIL 21ST!!!! How long are they going to stick around?


Part of the flock yesterday. Baaahhd picture 


Come to think of it, Kyle Horner did a pretty good job of summing up the spring so far as well: 







--------------

A bit of off-topic news, but I've added two new Cackling Goose photos (birds from last week) to my Cackling Goose file on picasa





I've probably seen at least 30 Cacklers this spring! (After 25 at Townsend) -- I sure wish I had my camera that evening.



---------------

Still seriously considering going to Pelee for Saturday and Sunday...

My head tells me the weather doesn't really look THAT good, and I would probably save some time and gas by waiting another 4+ days before heading down there...

My hear tells me I can't wait any longer! And with rarities in Ohio (Eurasian Collared Dove, Black-necked Stilt, Snowy Egret etc), there could very easily be some awesome birds around Pelee. You won't find anything unless you're out looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment