Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Quiz answers - apologies



I've been home for a few days now but have been on the go pretty steadily. Sooner or later I will need to make a dent in my email pile - sorry for not getting back to anyone yet!


---------------------


Quiz answers - http://www.blog.peregrineprints.com/2013/10/peregrineprints-highly-irregular-quiz.html

The majority of replies were private instead of posting to the blog post! Anyways, since I'm short on time, I'll make it sweet and just post the answers now:


1. Great Gray Owl

2. Scarlet Tanager (I think)

3. Rose-breasted Grosbeak

4. Long-tailed Jaeger

5. - a bunch of Common (6) and Hoary (5) Redpolls



---------------------


The weather seems kinda boring to me over the next several days. What do you think?


Probably a good time to catch up on chores etc anyways!

---------------------

I sort of missed out on the booby arrival fun by being in BC - but I still wanted to say a big congrats to Jim Pawlicki and all those involved in the discovery (and subsequent "getting the word out" activities)...

It's hard to link to Willie D'anna's blog (by not being on blogger) - but there's a great account of the discovery there:

http://www.betsypottersart.com/willie-s-photos/2013-big-year/


And now we should all harass Jim to get a blog of his own!

No comments:

Post a Comment