Friday, October 18, 2013

THIS - is an automated blog posting



Sooner or later I'm going to tackle my inbox...


------------------



Eastern Lake Erie: Forecast
.


Today Tonight and Friday
Strong wind warning in effect.

Wind light increasing to southwest 20 knots early this evening then veering to west 25 near midnight. Wind backing to southwest 25 near noon Friday.

Today Tonight and Friday

Waves one metre subsiding to one half metre or less near noon then building to 2 this evening. Waves building to 3 late overnight.


Today Tonight and Friday

Chance of showers changing to a few showers near noon and ending late overnight.


--------------------


I've got a bit of a hankerin for some rare-bird finding, given that it's October... But at the same time, I'm kind of "burnt out" from birding steadily from Mid Aug to Mid Sept - and then subsequently birding 13 straight days (nearly dawn till dusk) out in BC...

Long story short - I'm having a hard time getting out of bed...


SO - what do you think will happen tomorrow (today, due to this being an auto-post).


1.) - I wake up early, drive to Fort Erie for a prolonged lakewatch and bird adventure in the area. (20% chance at finding a mega - Franklin's Gull as a bare minimum) 

2.) - I wake up early, bird from my balcony - then bird the Niagara River southwards (possibly all the way to Port Colborne in the aft).      (10% chance at a mega) 

3.) - I wake up early, and bird from my balcony all day. (5% chance of a mega) 

4.) - I wake up late, and bird occasionally from my balcony while doing more important things like vacuuming (2% chance of a mega) 


Any guesses? (I may be posting this to peer pressure myself into getting up)...


--------------------



In the long range - the GFS has been showing a big blast of COLD air into our area sometime around Oct 24th... Should be some awesome migration then if it happens!

GFS


Below average temps for the east


The Euro has been "on board" with the idea as well... 



Nighttime snow would/will be quite possible in our area. Will keep the blog updated as we get closer... Methinks it could be a major movement of birds! And given that it's October, who knows what could/would turn up!


---------------------------------


More recently (yesterday) we're getting some good Jet into our area from Texas 

------------------------------

Whitefish Point has had 5 Pacific Loons this fall already - and one just showed up in Ohio. More to come for Ontario?







No comments:

Post a Comment