Saturday, December 7, 2013

Tape Delay Netitishi - day 6



I went to bed under clear skies (and COLD - minus 14 or somethin)... Tomorrow was helicopter day, so I was sure I was leaving...



I woke up early - and went to the coast (after packing the night before)... An east wind was blowing... Then it started snowing...


WHY do I NEVER get out the day I've planned?!?!

8am - I went back to camp...

9am - It stopped snowing!  Back to the coast!

10am - It still looked kinda stormy... If the helicopter came at a strange time, it was going to take me 30-40 minutes to get from the coast back to camp... I really didn't want to miss it...

10:15am - I went back to camp...


Long story short, I didnt' bird that much... Overall I was in that "happy place" where the birding drive is pretty much gone and I'm just having fun doing whatever.

Which explains my ebird list for the day -

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S15734000


Had great looks at the Spruce Grouse (one of the few survivors)..


I flew out and got to Moosonee - took a cab right to the train station.. Saw a sweet Silver Fox on the way!

I turned up some Gray Jays, Black-capped Chickadees and a Starling while waiting for the train... I then slept most of the way back on the train and managed some cell service in Cochrane for the first time...

I heard some crazy story about an Elegant Tern in Buffalo - so I drove through the night and saw the bugger the next day!!! Freakin awesome trip..



This is what I saw when I got home... Weather map showing the storm bombed out to a 965mb monstrosity... Kinda explains why it was so gosh darn windy 





No comments:

Post a Comment