Thursday, September 27, 2012

50 days of rare: day 2 recap



My rarest bird of the day: Pied-billed Grebe in a pond on hwy 6 (while I was driving to work for a meeting).. .

Yeah, I didn't go birding at all... And worse, it looks like I'm no longer in the lead for the big event with Josh V's Nelsons Sparrow/Lesser Black-backed Gull (in North Bay!) duo... Anyone top that yesterday??


==================


Looking forward: Western Lake Ontario Marine Forecast!



Wind light becoming northwest 15 knots this evening then diminishing to northeast 10 before morning. Wind becoming light near noon Thursday.

Friday     Wind light.
Saturday     Wind light.
Sunday     Wind light.



--- you know what that says to me?! --- I'll tell you... Boat Boat Boat Boat! 


Maybe not theeee best way to turn up a real CMF, but hopefully great photos of jaegers will keep me happy 


===================


Check out the birds of Quebec website for some epic CMF photos as well! 

Fork-tailed Fly:


What a BEAUTY..... 




No comments:

Post a Comment