Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Old OBRC Reports - REJECTED edition






http://peregrineprints.com/zzzz_Article_2008_LIST.htm


Above link: the article to my Little Stint report submitted to the OBRC - that was rejected. I enjoyed writing it, and was P!$$3D when I got the comments back..

Ever happened to you?

I actually wrote some pretty bad reports leading into 2009 because I felt like I had wasted my time writing (and in the above case) researching - just to have it rejected.

Although obviously I got over it eventually :)


==================


On a different note, here is a bird that I identified right away (well, once I made the ID) - in the field/at the time - and knew EXACTLY what I was looking at... Then my conclusions were (partially) rejected. What am I talking about?

Kamchatka Gull (siberian subspecies of the "Mew Gull" complex) from Nov 2009 -

http://peregrineprints.com/zzzz_Article_2010_KAMG.htm

Accepted as a "Mew Gull" only...


After being on the OBRC for a 3 year voting term, I kinda understand that you really just don't feel right about accepting some of these sightings without photos - no matter how much you believe (or don't believe) the person made the correct call...


Sort of a tough situation with trying to improve the P.R. side of the OBRC over the past year (keeping people happy who will potentially/eventually get a letter saying they disagreed with you) BUT - no one said life was easy..

-----

Anyhoot. Just some fun on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment