Friday, January 24, 2014

Fall 2013 - TICKS!



I can't believe, that the last time I did this, I called it "2012 ticks" - when it should have been 2013... Sometimes I wonder about, myself...

http://www.blog.peregrineprints.com/2013/08/pelee-2012-spring-ticks.html

========

To the ticks!!!!

Deer tick from May 2013 (on my arm) - the only good tick photo I took all year... 


The breakdown: I keep three lists...

Ontario Life List

Ontario Self-found List

Ontario Photographed List


And that's pretty much it.. (I don't know what my life list would be)... It's kept in a 2006 OFO checklist of Ontario Birds - 3 of 5 columns used....

The ticks!!!!!!!



Common Eider - my bird at Netitishi counts as my first "self found" for Ontario and my first photographed in Ontario. Woot

Brown Booby - who didn't add this bad boy to their Ontario list!? It also counts as a "photo'd" bird - thanks to my TERRIBLE photos.. .

Snowy Plover - ohh, that's the best kind of tick... The fabled TRIPPLE TICK - a self found (and photographed) bird that's NEW for my Ontario list... Oh sweet goodness...

Elegant Tern - kinda like the Booby, wasn't it?

Black-backed Woodpecker - I took my first "record photos" ever of a BBWO in 2013 - so it's new for that list..

Brown-chested Martin - new for the self found and Ontario list - if only the photo'd......




Ohhh ya... That's the good stuff...


List updates - 

Ontario - 374 (or 375)... Or even 376 if Dave Bell gets his act together... 

Self found - 343 (or 344/5)...

Photographed - I've still been tooo lazy to count... But I know it's 6 more than the last time I was too lazy to count... Or is it 6 more + 1? ...


No comments:

Post a Comment