Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Polar Vortex



More cool weather things I've stolen from elsewhere. (Some comments from Dr. Masters' Blog) - read it here:

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/show.html


:


403. hydrus 11:34 PM GMT on January 06, 2014  
The latest GFS is showing more massive arctic outbreaks with severe weather..

114 hours

156 hours.



204 hours.



240 hours.



Cold waaay down into Texas - 

401. JNTenne 11:32 PM GMT on January 06, 2014  
yeah.. its cold up there..



========================

I can't remember if I've posted this or not, but always check out the earth wind map for some fun:


Thanks to Dave Bell for that one!


=======================

I always tell myself to NOT bird storms in January-March, but I may just be outside RIGHT this very second... (Actually, I'll probably be mostly birding from INSIDE the car) !!!

Winds

Issued 06:30 PM EST 06 January 2014
Tonight and TuesdayGale warning in effect.Wind southwest 40 knots.
 
 

Waves

Issued 06:30 PM EST 06 January 2014
Tonight and TuesdayOver open water waves 3 to 5 metres.

1 comment:

  1. Dr. Master's actually just did a new post on the cold: http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=2605#commenttop


    (and no, I didn't go birding today) - it's cold out der!

    ReplyDelete