Monday, May 6, 2013

Pelee May 5 - a day off



I keep meaning to add this - but I have a pair of Vortex Razor 8x42 Binoculars down at Pelee for May! If you want to check them out - find me and ask to have a look. They're fantastic!

http://vortexcanada.net/products/binoculars/razor/razor_hd_8x42.html


======================================================






Sort of had a "call it in" day at Pelee... Sure, I still saw beauties like White-eyed/Yellow-throated Vireos, Hooded Warblers etc - but it was slow and my energy levels after multiple long days of birding were getting rather low... 


These two little guys had been seen by 249 people prior to my arrival at the tip... (Little Gulls)..


Decided to watch the skies for a bit - as I didn't have the urge to walk and Kites may still have been around.. Here's a sample of what was flying over the VC today: 









=======


The "cut off" low south of us still has some punch and is spinning closer... It looks like this is now better for diurnal migrants than nocturnal based on the reports I'm seeing... 



Ibis and rare herons around the great lakes... Stilts at Hillman this evening... I probably would have gone for the stilts if I had a smart phone and knew about them sooner - but by the time I was on a computer, I was already gearing up for an early evening of sleep...

Let's see what happens tomorrow! 

2 comments:

  1. You will have to get up earlier too so that someone does not take your parking spot at Pelee! LOL.

    ReplyDelete